tomcat-users mailing list archives

From R A <java2des...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Resolved - WebSphere suuports servlets in </welcome-list> does Tomcat
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:00:31 GMT
All of you missed a very important trick. Specifing an index.do in the <welcome-file/>
tag is ok, but remember index.do is NOT a FILE, rather it is a struts action mapping!. Therefore
just including index.do in this tag would not work! The trick (yes trick since I do not see
this documented anywhere) is to place an empty index.do in the webApplication directory. Once
Tomcat loactes the file, it executes the (URL)mapping to this file, which kicks in the struts
ActionServlet. I notice this seems to be an issue with a lot of people on the internet, so
I would document it - later!

Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote:Suite yourself :). The other work-around would
be to put a (possibly empty)
index.do file to let Tomcat know that there is something there for it to
serve.

"R A" wrote in message
> The point of me adding
>

> action
> *.do
>

> is that I want all request that match *.do to go through the Sruts
ActionServlet. This includes any *.do in the . The
ActionServlet delegates the request to the RequestProcessor, which uses the
command pattern to map to the appropriate action. It should not be necessary
to add index.do as a servlet.