tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <vcard...@covad.net>
Subject Problem deploying on Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:26:43 GMT
I have Tomcat 5.0.27 installed and setup on SuSE Linux 9.0 running on an Intel
based system.  I am trying to deploy a war file that contains a context.xml file
in its META-INF directory by placing the war file in the webapps directory and
starting Tomcat.  This same setup worked on Tomcat 5.0.25 on Windows, but on
Tomcat 5.0.27 the application is deployed incorrectly. Instead of creating a XML
file in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost it creates a directory named
<projectName>.xml.

I noticed that this was introduced in 5.0.26 as part of the fix to Bug 29038, are
there any plans to integrate Peter Rossbach's patch? The original bug (which was
unrelated) was resolved, so I don't know if there has been any action taken to
correct this.

Thanks,
Victor