tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: tomcat restarted
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:17:37 GMT
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:51:40AM +0200, Hans Wichman wrote:
: how can I see whether tomcat has restarted during the night?

Under a Unix-like OS, you can do a quick-n-dirty check for process info
(e.g. "ps -ef | grep {tomcat line(s)}") because that should show the
process's start time.

Wrap that in a shell script that calls an infinite while() loop and logs
the info to file.  Check it in the morning to see whether the process
really restarted.

: Is it possible that rotating logs cause tomcat to redeploy a webapplication?

Never say never... so I'll say "doubtful."

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com