tomcat-users mailing list archives

From shiv juluru <shivjul...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Request for an Immediate Solution
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:38:03 GMT

it's very simple,
verify the tomcat-users.xml file in conf directory.u can find the user names and passwords,
other wise copy ur jsp files in ROOT directory and create one web-inf folder in that ROOT
directory,and copy ur web.xml in that ROOT/WEB-INF directry,create one more classes directory
in that ROOT/WEB-INF/ folder,copy all ur servlets classes in that directory.

the better thing is deploying the jar file is best way.

Sridharan Rajagopalan <ssrajagopalan@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Hi All,

My Name is Rajagopalan. Iam doing MCA final year.

I have to do a mini project now. For the same I have installed TomCat server in my house.
But when I type the following in Internet Explorer after installing the Server:

http://localhost:8080/index.html or any jsp file

it asks me "user name" and "Password". So Iam not able to work with the same. I have to complete
the project by this month end. Iam yet to start the same. So any body can help me out on the
problem Iam facing immediately.

I request you to give me an immediate solution for this as I have to start the project as
early as possible.

Thanx

Rajagopalan

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 65,000 jobsonline.