tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joel <r...@ddcom.co.jp>
Subject Re: port for a webapp
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:23:51 GMT
> Reading around in the pages on context and host and Connector, etc., I
> am feeling a little dense. My search skills at marc don't seem to be up
> to this, either.
>
> Where should I look to figure out how to set Tomcat to have Xindice
> listen and serve as a webapp on port 8888?

It looks like I need to open port 8888 using a Connector in the global
server.xml and then tell the webapp to listen on port 8888 in

    webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\web.xml

but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be setting up a valve to do that ...

(and someone seems to have been worried that web.xml would be
overwritten when the webapp auto-deploys, ...)

--
Joel <rees@ddcom.co.jp>