tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: log file problem
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:56:11 GMT
On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:23:10PM +0530, Jitesh Sinha wrote:
: Ok so how do I find out definitively which of the stuffs is going to
: break....?????
: Actually in my application sometimes some parameter becomes null which
: creates problems with the flow of the application....
: Sometimes user is not able to open the application itself.....we restart the
: web server which clears the logs and everything comes on track....
: Any ideas are welcome....I am kinda becoming despo now ... :)

How?  Load-test to fill the logs, and watch the fireworks. ;)

If your OS supports volume management (Veritas VxVM, Linux or HP LVM,
etc.) then you can quickly setup a very small, dedicated filesystem to
do the test.  That should fill up quickly.

Yoav hit the nail on the head, though: when filesystem space is low,
things can get crazy.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net