tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: NPE in ActionForm where it is not be possible
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:12:53 GMT
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 12:31:21PM -0700, Richard Mixon (qwest) wrote:
: The "log" variable is initialized when the Action form is instantiated,
: like so:
:   public class ChartWizardForm extends ActionForm implements
: java.io.Serializable {
:       private transient Log log =
: LogFactory.getLog(ChartWizardForm.class);
:       ...
:
: Obviously I'm missing something pretty basic. Is Tomcat re-using a form
: instance across restarts? I've got pretty much default settings in
: Tomcat:

I notice, you define/initialize the instance variable "log" at its
declaration point.

Humor me: what happens if you initialize "log" in the ctor?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com