tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: JSP's compiling web.xml -webinc option on JspC
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:06:37 GMT
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 01:15:59PM +0000, Laurence Arabia wrote:
:     At the moment I am using -webinc jspweb.xml with JspC and then I merge
: this with my web.xml which has all my servlets definition in it. But this
: is a bad way of doing it cause I am messing with 1000's of lines of text.
: What is the proper way to do this ?
:
: Is there an option in web.xml that I can "include" jspweb.xml. So then I
: can build my jsp's and it will rewrite  jspweb.xml without having to change
: web.xml.

Do you use Ant for your builds?
If so, search the archives -- this topic was discussed recently on the
list (within the last 2-3 weeks).  I posted my (somewhat inelegant)
solution, so you could search for my posts to narrow the result set.

You could also use XML entity refs, but those can cause portability
problems: they require absolute file paths to be reliable.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com