tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: favicon question
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:56:27 GMT
On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 01:12:30PM -0700, Mufaddal Khumri wrote:
: out.print("<link rel='shortcut icon'
: href='/mywebapp/images/favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon'>");
:
: The favicon shows up in Safari on the Mac , but not on netscape, or IE
: . On windows it does not show up in either IE or Netscape.

1/ My understanding is that most browsers look for the URI /favicon.ico.
It (sort of) makes sense, since browsers don't distinguish between
different webapps: they just know, "I go to this host."

2/ Please post new messages to the list, instead of just replying to old
ones.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net