tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1.30 + SSL = Problems
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:39:58 GMT
: > Use https://... instead of http://...
: Wow, if only I'd held off a few more minutes on my mail; thanks, this
: was my problem as well.  Is there a reason there's not a more legible
: error?

The server expects to complete an SSL-enabled handshake before your
HTTP-level request makes it to Tomcat proper.  Since you don't issue the
GET/POST to Tomcat in this case, it certainly can't generate an
HTTP-level error page in response.

Sniff the connection and you'll see.  The "four squares" are likely your
brower's approximation of the non-ASCII chars it received from the
server when attempting a handshake.

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail: