tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kamaleshwaran Sivalingam" <kamal_eshwa...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Trouble running servlets using TomCat4.1.18
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:26:14 GMT
Hi,
    I have trouble running servlets using tomcat4.1.18 in Redhat Linux. I have
Apache 1.3.20 installed  which is listening on port 80. The TomCat  server is
listening on  port 8080. The Apache server is used for serving php. so when i
entered "http://localhost" on the mozilla  browser, i get the index.php page.

When i entered "http://localhost:8080" i get the index.html page which is under
the tomcat directory. When i click on a button on my index page i must get a
servlet  which should be executed by the tomcat. But  I get the following error
on my browser.

Not Found
The requested URL /examples/servlet/PeatPlot was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.20 Server at _default_ Port 80

So it  was served by apache on port 80.
How do i redirect this to port 8080(TomCat)? can you help  me out?

Thanks,
kamaleshwaran Sivalingam