tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Labhard <m.labh...@comcast.net>
Subject How to "start" a web app?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:28:04 GMT
I installed a new, extremely simple application in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/springapps/index.html.  When I attempt to view this
with

http://localhost:8080/springapps/index.html

I get Error: 404.  The requested resource (/springapps/index.html) is not
available.

So I'm reading and it says that I have to "start" the application by going
into the Tomcat Manager.  So I fix the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml
file so that I have both admin and manager roles.  Then I go to the Tomcat
homepage localhost:8080.  I can log into the Administration page no problem.
But when I try to get to the Manager it says,

Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been
denied) has been forbidden.

I'm stumped.  Don't know where to go from here.  Seems like this shouldn't be
this difficult.  Any suggestions?

-- Michael