tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kamaleshwaran Sivalingam" <kamal_eshwa...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Trouble starting Tomcat4.1.18 on linux.
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:39:14 GMT
 Hi,
       The error was "Bind  error: Address already in use". I solved the problem.
The port setting in my "server.xml" file was set to "80" and not "8080". Apache
server is already running on port 80. So I changed the port setting to "8080".
Now i get the home page when i hit "http://localhost:8080".

But l I have another new problem. I am not able to  run the servlets. I think it is
because the servlets are handled by apache server on port 80. How do i make
tomcat to serve the servlets on port "8080". Can u help me out?

Thanks,
Kamaleshwaran Sivalingam