tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Festa <andy_fe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 5 - "Servlet action is currently unavailable"
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:53:21 GMT
Hi.

I've recently upgraded to Tomcat 5.0.25 from Tomcat
4.1.24.  I'm using Eclipse 3.0RC3 with the Sysdeo
Tomcat Plugin V3.  The directory for my web app is not
under my tomcat directory.

The servlet that I'm using now no longer works,
whereas it did work under Tomcat 4.  I'm getting this
error:

HTTP Status 503 - Servlet action is currently
unavailable

Oddly enough, I can get the app to run when I manually
start Tomcat 5 by using startup.bat.

I've even tried this under Eclipse 2.1 and with the
older Tomcat plug-in with no success.

Is there any configuration issues I'm missing?

Thanks!
~Andy Festa