tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Luzynski <>
Subject Re: Container managed security
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:27:48 GMT
On Jul 9, 2004, at 5:52 PM, QM wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 03:20:39PM -0500, Steve Luzynski wrote:
> : Is there some logging or debugging I can turn on? The stock logs
> aren't
> : showing me anything other than just a normal access to the resources
> : that I'm wanting to protect.
> Another silly question, then: what's the deployed webapp?
> Is "IPBoss" a proper context, or is "IPBoss" the subdir of something
> mapped to the root context?

It's a context.

Does it matter that there are no actual servlets in the web.xml file
yet? I'm in the process of switching away from Struts to a different
framework and decided this was a good time to move to container managed
security since I destroyed the entire view anyway. :) So because of
that there is no servlet mapping yet, I'm just trying to get Tomcat to
properly access control some static HTML right now.

(I'm grasping too...)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message