tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McClure, James" <jmccl...@atxg.com>
Subject RE: Apache + Tomcat socket error
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:35:56 GMT
Hi John,

Give this a try...

To get to your application via Apache (as a proxy) you will need to
configure Apache to pass the request/response via Tomcat by specifying where
to go when it sees that you are asking for the specific web application.

Create a new file [apache home directory]/conf/myproxy.conf
In this file add these 2 proxy entries (port # is for Tomcat 4):

ProxyPass  /MyFirst/HelloWorld/  http://localhost:8080/MyFirst/HelloWorld
ProxyPassReverse  /MyFirst/HelloWorld/
http://localhost:8080/MyFirst/HelloWorld

Now reference this new file in your httpd.conf file located in ...[apache
home directory]/conf/ by adding the following entry at the bottom of the
file:

include conf/myproxy.conf

Restart apache

james

-----Original Message-----
From: John Archbold [mailto:john.archbold@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 4:17 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apache + Tomcat socket error

Hello everyone,

I have a simple (probably) yet difficult problem that i cant seem to fix.

I installed apache (from source) and tomcat (from binary) and i
compiled the jakarta connector as one should.

If i issue http://localhost:8080/ i get the tomcat homepage

if i issue http://localhost/ i get apache.

I followed instructions from a website to set all this up you see. I
even managed to compile a servlet and get it working if i issue
http://localhost:8080/MyFirst/HelloWorld yet if i issue
http://localhost/MyFirst/HelloWorld it is not visible, it says the
resource is busy etc.

I have noticed tho that the socket file that is specified to be
created is infact not being created, ive tried changing the location
of the socket file and even using touch to create it. Nothing seems to
work.

I expect this is some novice problem and im just missing something out.

Can anyone help?

Many many thanks (ive been trying for weeks to sort this out!)

John A