tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: tomcat restarted
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:13:29 GMT
This information should be included in the Catalina logs which are set
up in the server.xml file. Mine are set up as so:

directory="/var/log/tomcat"  prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>

Is it actually possible for tomcat to restart itself? Ie. with no user
input? I seem to remember it isn't. If somebody has restarted it, it
should be fairly easy to spot in the log files.

I'm very certain that rotating logs does not cause tomcat to redeploy,
however I've never actually tried. Someone else may be able to back me
up / show me up! ;-)

Adam.

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 08:51, Hans Wichman wrote:
> Hi,
> how can I see whether tomcat has restarted during the night?
> Is it possible that rotating logs cause tomcat to redeploy a webapplication?
>
> thanks
> Hans

Adam Buglass,  ><>
The Golden Freeway.