tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caleb Walker" <Cal...@allconnected.com>
Subject tomcat PID creation and monitoring
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:14:13 GMT
Hello,
My problem is related to a tomcat installation on a RHEL 3.0.  I am not
sure what version of tomcat I am running, but the apache version is
1.3.28.  In the tomcat.sh file I added this portion of script language
under the "if [ $1 = "start" ]" section:
PID=$!
echo $PID > $pid_file
Doing this makes tomcat create a pid file that I can then monitor with
our monitoring server.  What it does is look at the PID file and
compares that with the running processes.
What is happening is our monitoring system will display the service as
down and I go into the server and the service is not down but the
running processes do not match the PID file like the tomcat processes
restart without using my PID file creation script.  Does anyone have any
insight into this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Caleb