tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Mehrle" <mich...@datasaur.com>
Subject HotSpot vs. Jikes + performance tuning
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:33:25 GMT
I'm starting to run Tomcat 5.0.27 on a production server box. The question I
have is as to which JVM to run it under. Last time I checked (a year ago)
jikes was a lot faster, but then again things are in constant flux. Also, my
production server (RedHat 9.0 on a Celeron 2.6GHz and 512MB of RAM) could
not be set up with the latest version of Apache (don't ask - it's my hosting
company) and so I'm serving static content under Tomcat as well. I expect
there to be a lot of traffic on this site and maximizing resources is a
MUST.

ANY input would be appreciated.

Michael