tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Bathje" <...@ntsource.com>
Subject Errors using admin tool
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:12:46 GMT
Hi all.

I am trying to get the Tomcat 5.0.25 administration tool working, and am
having some issue. If I try to add a host I get:

HTTP Status 500 - Error invoking operation createStandardHost

and in the catalina.out:
Jul 23, 2004 10:07:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
Jul 23, 2004 10:07:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost getDeployer
INFO: Create Host deployer for direct deployment ( non-jmx )
Jul 23, 2004 10:07:22 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean invoke
SEVERE: Exception invoking method createStandardHost
java.lang.NullPointerException

BUT, the host says it is created.

Now, if I try to add a context to that host (or any other host) I get the
error:

HTTP Status 500 - Error invoking operation createStandardContext

and in the catalina.out:
Jul 23, 2004 10:09:53 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean invoke
SEVERE: Exception invoking method createStandardContext
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanFactory.createStandardContext(MBeanFactory.j
ava:834)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanFactory.createStandardContext(MBeanFactory.j
ava:794)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:501)
        at
mx4j.server.interceptor.InvokerMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerMBeanSer
verInterceptor.java:209)
        at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanSer
verInterceptor.java:123)
        at
mx4j.server.interceptor.SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(SecurityMBeanS
erverInterceptor.java:79)
.... (there are about 50 more lines to this error, if anybody thinks they
will be helpful I will gladly supply them

Any idea what is going on? As far as I can tell the tomcat user has
permission to access the conf directory (and it's subdirectories...) so I'm
pretty sure it is not a permissions issue...but I'm kind of lost here.

Thanks,
Matt Bathje