tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sayeed" <>
Subject Re: Request for an Immediate Solution
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:54:48 GMT
dear Shiv

wish your good health.

I have a question: when i run Tomcat4.1.3, the following error message
comes, can you plz let me know where the things are wrong and how i can

C:\Apache\Tomcat\bin>catalina.bat run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   D:\Apache\Tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   D:\Apache\Tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: D:\Apache\Tomcat\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       D:\JDK1.3
[ERROR] Digester - -Begin event threw exception
on: Invalid index!>sun.misc.InvalidJarIndexException: Invalid index!
        at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(
        at Method)

and more like that............

i am waiting your reply.

Thanks in advance.

----- Original Message -----
From: "shiv juluru" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: Request for an Immediate Solution

> it's very simple,
> verify the tomcat-users.xml file in conf directory.u can find the user
names and passwords,
> other wise copy ur jsp files in ROOT directory and create one web-inf
folder in that ROOT directory,and copy ur web.xml in that ROOT/WEB-INF
directry,create one more classes directory in that ROOT/WEB-INF/ folder,copy
all ur servlets classes in that directory.
> the better thing is deploying the jar file is best way.
> Sridharan Rajagopalan <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> My Name is Rajagopalan. Iam doing MCA final year.
> I have to do a mini project now. For the same I have installed TomCat
server in my house. But when I type the following in Internet Explorer after
installing the Server:
> http://localhost:8080/index.html or any jsp file
> it asks me "user name" and "Password". So Iam not able to work with the
same. I have to complete the project by this month end. Iam yet to start the
same. So any body can help me out on the problem Iam facing immediately.
> I request you to give me an immediate solution for this as I have to start
the project as early as possible.