tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Behrens" <...@diekleinedomain.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat -> MySQL = No suitable driver ERROR
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:50:11 GMT
yes patrick,

i guess that is what david and i want so your dbtest works. allthough the
posted contents of web.xml lack a doctype or schema definition (see hassans
post). now, have you tried this?

cheers, jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Briggs, Patrick [mailto:pbriggs@clinitech.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 7:59 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Cc: 'dns4@cornell.edu'
Subject: RE: Tomcat -> MySQL = No suitable driver ERROR

Ok, the contents of {TOMCAT_HOME}/conf/Catalina/localhost/DBTest.xml is:

<Context debug="5" displayName="DBtest" docBase="DBTest" path="/DBtest"
reloadable="true" workDir="work\Catalina\localhost\DBTest">

  <Resource auth="Container" name="jdbc/DBTest"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/DBTest">
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
	<value>jdbc:mysql://cir-ops:3306/javatest?autoReconnect=true</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>15</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>50</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>driverClassName</name>
      <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>removeAbandoned</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>username</name>
      <value>javauser</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
      <value>60</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>password</name>
      <value>javadude</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>

Contents of {TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/DBTest/WEB-INF/web.xml is:

<web-app>
  <description>MySQL Test App</description>
  <resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/DBTest</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>
</web-app>

Is this what you wanted?