tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Parfitt" <>
Subject configuring tomcat and apache on windows 2000
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:30:25 GMT
I'm trying to get tomcat running with apache on windows 2000.   I used
to work in UNIX a lot but have become lazy with Windows, so please
excuse my questions, the first of which is why isn't there an option to
download a windows version of apache with the tomcat servlet engine
built in? Or at least tomcat with the Jserv module included? I've got
apache http server 2.0.49 running and have downloaded and installed
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30 and downloaded  I extracted
the file from the latter zip to the modules folder in the
Apache2 folder.   I added a line to load that module to the httpd.conf
file.   I created a file (in notepad) and then cut
and pasted this

into it.   Then I added
# The default port is 8009 but you can use another one
# channelSocket.port=8009
to the bottom of the file (in
Apache runs, and when I run the startup.bat file tomcat starts, but
then tomcat seems to be hung at
INFO:  Jk running ID=0 time=0/31
Any clues or help would be greatly appreciated.
Ian Parfitt
Selkirk College
Castlegar, BC