tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject How can i restart/reload a webapplication from within a servlet ?
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:52:12 GMT
Hi;

I have created an "installation Servlet", which
gathers some information from the administrator upon
first startup after installation of my webapp.
Everything is running fine, but at the end the
Servlet should restart/reload the webapplication
in which it is running.

I haven't found any hint how i could get this done.
Of course i could simply set autoreload='true', but
this is no good idea for production and has several
other drawbacks in my environment.

if there is a "standard" solution available, that would
be great. If there is a solution, which only works for
tomcat, that would be ok, if i could figure out from
the servlet, that i am running on a tomcat appserver...

any ideas ?

regards, Hussayn