tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Souness <sou...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: character encoding of jsp output in Tomcat 5.24 JRE 1.4.2_04 jvm.dll
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 05:38:09 GMT
After comparing the system properties output by a dump from a JSP page
(source below), I noticed a difference between the file.encoding properties.

Using the service configuration tool I was able to add the following to
the JVM's configuration options:

file.encoding=ISO-8859-1

Eureka!

systemProperties.jsp
<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%
Properties systemProperties = System.getProperties();
Enumeration enum = systemProperties.propertyNames();

while (enum.hasMoreElements())
{
   String key = (String) enum.nextElement();
   out.print(key + " = " + systemProperties.getProperty(key) + "<br>");
}
%>