tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ariel Valentin" <>
Subject RE: Help with running Tomcat
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 01:23:54 GMT
Edit the startup.bat file and enter the word "pause" at the end.
This will stop the window from closing and you can see what the error is.
Also have you tried looking at the server logs? I am not sure if it writes
anything but it is worth looking at.

Mr. Ariel S. Valentin

>From: sowmya <>
>Subject: Help with running Tomcat  Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:17:35 -0700
>I'm working on the tomcat server
>and i have it installed on my laptop running Windows
>XP. It was working
>fine , but suddenly since a couple of days, whenever I
>try to startup
>using the bat file, the command prompt window just
>disappears - and the
>server does not start. There is no change that I have
>made, either to the
>classpath or the path of the directory structure.
>It seems rather mysterious to me. I reinstalled the
>whole thing - but the
>problem still remains. Any help would be greatly
>Thanks in advance,
>Do you Yahoo!?
>Friends.  Fun.  Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message