tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ariel Valentin" <>
Subject RE: error-page problem
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 01:28:13 GMT
Not sure about this but I believe that has to do with Struts only being able
to have one ActionServlet registered in the deployment descriptor. I also
believe someone on the Struts ML my have the answer you are looking for.

Mr. Ariel S. Valentin

>From: Sng Wee Jim <>
>To: "''" <>
>Subject: error-page problem
>Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 19:17:00 +0100
>I am using tomcat 5.0.25
>I am porting some legacy webapp to struts JSP. Basically I am forwarding
>my request based on the last token of the request URI, eg.
>     request URI:  /testapp/demo
>then I will forward to
>To do that I am setting the following in my web.xml
>  <error-page>
>       <error-code>404</error-code>
>       <location>/MyForwarderServlet</location>
>  </error-page>
>MyForwarderServlet will forward to eg. in its doPost method.
>  From the tomcat console, I can see that is hit, but the
>response is somehow not returned to the browser.
>Any idea what went wrong?
>Would overriding Tomcat's DefaultServlet be a better solution?
>- Jim
>The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
>for the addressee(s).
>Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
>an intended recipient, please notify the sender of this email
>immediately. You should not copy, use or disseminate the
>information contained in the email.
>Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
>sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
>the views of Capco.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message