tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject manager/deploy DELETED my web app
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:15:38 GMT

FAIL - Encountered exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: Container
StandardContext[/cp] has not been started

So, I tried:

and it replied:

Jun 1, 2004 5:48:36 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase log
INFO: Removing web application at context path /cp
Jun 1, 2004 5:48:36 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
INFO: Installing web application at context path /cp from URL
OK - Undeployed application at context path /cp
FAIL - Encountered exception No such file or

'deploy' destroying my web app is quite the opposite of what I wanted.
This is a serious user interface bug. I'm quite angry right now because it
blew away my CVS checkout with changes that I hadn't committed.

Checking the docs again it looks like I wanted 'start'. I also see that
'undeploy' has a nice large warning, and 'deploy' has some small
parenthetical comment that it could cause 'undeploy' to happen.

I'm pretty sure that 'deploy' has in the past achieved what I tried to
make it do this time.  Perhaps I misinterpreted events at that time.

I'm angry because I lost a day of work, but I still want Tomcat to be
better because everything else about it is pretty nifty.

Brian Olson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message