tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McCorkle, Andrea Yeary" <AMcCor...@carolinashealthcare.org>
Subject RE: Too many open files on Solaris
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:45:08 GMT
We are experiencing the same issue with our application.  The
application is accessed through a 2K box running Tomcat 4.0.  The
application itself resides on an AIX 5.21 box.  The problem is sporadic.
The only way our end users can get around it is to exit the application
and log back in.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Black [mailto:jblack@ieee.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 8:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Too many open files on Solaris

HasanA wrote:

>I am having similar problem and i am running Tomcat 4.0 on Open vms
>7.2. We have increased number of files open by a process to some
>ridiculous value but this error is still comming up.
>
>Can someone also help with this issue?

  If you are opening up database connections or files on the local
system, you may not be closing the connection.

  You can use a program called losf, which is available from
www.sunfreeware.com and see what it tells you about which process has
the descriptors open.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu

This electronic message may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged.
It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the
message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the material from any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message,
and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains.
Thank you.