tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Collins" <Ch...@ThatOne.com>
Subject Repeat: Can Tomcat be used with non-webapps?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:10:33 GMT
Hi, guys,
I asked this question a few days ago and received no response. I don't
want to be a nuisance, but a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer would be
greatly appreciated, and I am desperate enough to ask this question one
last time:

I am trying to use tomcat as a container for my program which is not a
web-application. I can't see a way of specifying the context to be used,
as it is automatically selected by web-apps based on their name.  I
tried configuring the default context for the datasource that my
application uses, but the application was still unable to connect to the
datasource. Is it possible to use tomcat with a program which is not a
web-application?

Thank you very much for your time,
Christopher