tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: JNDI frustration
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:22:53 GMT
Yoav,

I wrote up the material in bz 29584. However, I end up wondering if
there is, after all, either a bug or a possible desirable feature here.

The documentation in globalresources.html describing the purpose of
GlobalMakingResources:

"You can declare the characteristics of the resource to be returned for
JNDI lookups of <resource-ref> and <resource-env-ref> elements in the
web application deployment descriptor."

I believe that this statement is true for the standard factories, and
false for custom factories. I debugged into the code, and found that the
resource-env-ref in my web.xml was unconnected to the
GlobalNameingResources declaration, and so lacked the <factory>
attribute necessary to actually create the object.

Until, that is, I added the <ResourceLink>

If you like the behavior the way it is, then the bugzilla gives what I
hope are sufficiently specific suggestions to improve the doc.

--benson