tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: JNDI frustration
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:59:29 GMT

1) Would it be appropriate to bugzilla a request to clarify the
documentation on the use of custom factories for resources in JNDI? The
doc didn't turn out to be exactly incorrect, but I think that it is
somewhat misleading, and could be improved by some explicit annotations.
I expected to be able to use a resource-env-ref in web.xml against
parameters in the global resources, and it took very close reading in
several places to figure out that this required a link.

2) There's this nice structure now where you can define jdbc, ejb, or
mail resources globally and consume them locally. I got into this
situation trying to extend that to my own factory-produced beans.