tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: JNDI frustration
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:12:04 GMT
Yoav,

I figured out what happened to me, but I'm not sure I understand your
reply.

I have a resource that must be one-per-process. It's unfortunate, but
that's the case. So, I thought that the Global... resources was the
place to define it.

Perhaps this is obvious to everyone else, but I didn't realize that the
JNDI context for the Global... resources is not the same as that for any
web app. So, I needed a <ResourceLink /> construct in the
<DefaultContext> to connect the webapps up to the global resource.

If I read you correctly, I think you are recommending that just move the
entire resource definition into web.xml and out of server.xml, and use
Shared to allow multiple web apps to share the same object.

Is that the situation?

--benson