tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jitesh Sinha" <jsi...@cisco.com>
Subject log4j/JDBC driver problem
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:35:38 GMT
Hello all,

I have installed tomcat4.1 recently and am trying to set up my web app in
it.When I start the server by double clicking on startup.bat,I get following
errors :

1.)
log4j:ERROR Could not parse input source [org.xml.sax.InputSource@2f729e].
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: log4j.dtd
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:579)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:476)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:425)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.
java:807)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(XMLEntityManag
er.java:767)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDTDScanner
Impl.java:275)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(
XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:841)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XM
LDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.jav
a:525)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.jav
a:581)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.
java:201)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:671)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:615)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:583)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:6
93)

2.)
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class
'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleD
river'
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:529)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:312)

I have classes12.zip in server's common/lib directory.I have tried copying
it into webapps/lib directory but am getting the same error.

I was not getting this error with previous versions of Tomcat.

Thanks in Advance,
-Jitesh