tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gabi" <g...@idieikon.com>
Subject Parameters and where is log
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:46:57 GMT
Trying to pass from resin to apache, in resin <context-param
Coonection='jdbc:bla bla...'/> I've put the equivalent in /WEB-INF/web-xml
as:
<context-param>
	<param-name>"Connection"</param-name>
	<param-value>"jdbc:bla bla..."</param-value>
</context-param>
But the servlet response is a NullPointer, I think it's not taking the value
from the session (HttpSession object). What am I doing wrong?

The second question is that in the servlet I put a
System.err.println("...."), I've the same server.xml like the default
/examples but using my webapp in change of /examples, so I've search in
catalina.out and all the localhost_admin... local_host_examples, I think
I've search in all the defined logs files but I don't find the line I've
print with System.err, do I've to put something more specific in web.xml or
something similar?