tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Custom resource loader
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:17:01 GMT
May I suggest one wacky idea?  I'm not saying this is GOOD or anything, but
it's probably a bit outside the box, for whatever that's worth...

What if you had all your common JSPs in a given directory, like so (let's
talk Tomcat for a minute, but it doesn't matter)...

/tomcat/webapps/commonjsps
/tomcat/webapps/webapp1
/tomcat/webapps/webapp2

Then, in either webapp1 or webapp2, let's say you want to use the JSP
myJSP1.jsp in the common jsps directory... What if you had a JSP in webapp1
and webapp2 that was just this:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ include file="../commonjsps/myJSP1.jsp.inc" %>

My syntax might be a little off, but I think the concept is clean.  You
would have to have basically a "dummy" page that includes the real page, and
that could be a pain, but I think this would work, and maybe it's quicker to
do than a custom resource loader.

Just a thought.

Frank