tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Corey Baswell" <coreybasw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Spawn New Thread
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:04:26 GMT
Really I nead the thread to be up the lifetime of Tomcat which brings up
another question. Right now I start thread in a static block of my servlet
class (for example):

public class MyServelet .......

static
{
    MyThread myThread = new MyThread();
    myThread.setDaemon(true);
    myThread.start();
}

because I know MyServlet will be loaded when Tomcat is. This seems to work
but is kind of "goofy" because the thread does not have a direct
relationship with the servlet it's just the only place I know to kick it
off.  Is there a better (or atleast more natural) place to start this
thread?

Thanks,
Corey