tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nadia Kunkov" <nad...@parkerglobal.com>
Subject Two hosts setup, jsp won't work!
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:48:45 GMT
Hi,

I run Tomcat5.0.24 on Fedora Core 1.  I have two hosts defined in server.xml in a following
way:

<Host name ="WebTest1.something.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"  unpackWARs="true"
			autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" lNamespaceAware="false">
        			<Context path="" docBase="WebTest1" debug="5"/>

                 		prefix="localhost_WebTest1_log." suffix=".txt"
                 		timestamp="true"/>

        		</Host>

        		<Host name ="WebTest2.something.com" debug="0" 	appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
							autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">

			<Context path="/WebTest2" docBase="WebTest2" debug="0" reloadable=true/>

                 		prefix="localhost_WebTest2_log." suffix=".txt"
                 		timestamp="true"/>

        		</Host>

I have proper DNS entries on my DNS server for both hosts.
First host is a simple http website and a second host is a jsp website.
I'm able to access both sites but when I run the jsp application ( WebTest2) I'm able to go
through some jsp pages and then I get an error:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/var/tomcat5/work/Catalina/WebTest2.something.com/WebTest2/org/apache/jsp/someJsp_jsp.java:15:
package com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report does not exist
import com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.*;
^
1 error

I have about 5 jar files containing com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.* in
/var/tomcat5/webapps/WebTest2/WEB-INF/lib

I copied the above jars to /var/tomcat5/webapps/WebTest2/WEB-INF/classes just in case and
got the same error.
Does this have anything to do with the hosts I've defined?  Did I create a wrong directory
structure?
My jsps are in  /var/tomcat5/webapps/WebTest2
Everything below /var/tomcat5/webapps is owned by tomcat5 user.  My Tomcat is running as root
since I need it to be listening on port 80.  Cat it be a permissions problem?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
N.K.