tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Javier" <ajav...@eazix.com>
Subject RE: Please Help! Tomcat 5.0.25
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:36:04 GMT
Thanks for the updated service.bat Sir Jake!
I'll test it at once...

Regarding my database... I'm just using MS Access 2000...
I don't know what driver to use or how to install or configure it
that's why I use sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver driver.
What do you think is the proper driver for MS Access 2000?
and how to install it...?

Thanks!
I'll test your updated service.bat and update you of my progress...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 10:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Please Help! Tomcat 5.0.25

At 09:37 AM 6/30/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I installed Tomcat 5.0.25
>i noticed that tomcat won't start unless i first make "service install"

>command? under catalina_home/bin/service.bat
>
>also, after running tomcat service... my previous error
>(org.apache.commons.dbcp.DbcpException: java.sql.SQLException: General)

>was converted to
>
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
>PoolableConnectionFactory, cause: General error

I see you are using the sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver driver.  This is a
bad
idea.  What Database are you connecting to?  You should use the driver
made
for that database.

However, I think the error is coming from not having tools.jar in the
classpath.  You'll have to add this to service.bat.  You might also
notice
that JSP's don't compile for the same reason.  I have asked the Tomcat
developers to add tools.jar to classpath in service.bat, but it never
seems
to get done.  I have created my own copy of service.bat that works
better
for me and brings it more in line with starting from the startup.bat
file.  I'll attach it.

Jake

tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org