tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kommuru, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Komm...@standardbank.co.za>
Subject RE: mod_jk install problem
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:25:59 GMT
Sorry friend,
I dont have any clue on issue. I think you should also check what are your
gcc, make, perl versions and if they are suggested versions to comple your
jk.

My problem was with my 'make' version. It was a bit older and able to
understand makefile grammer.

Good luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Graeme [mailto:iamnotregistered@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 7:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk install problem

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post.

BK, I've got apache installed an running.  The version I'm using is:
Apache/2.0.40 Server

I installed mod_jk from
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/ , the file I
downloaded is:  jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2-src-current.tar.gz

After doing ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs  I tried issuing the
"make" command I got this:

 ../common/jk_ajp12_worker.lo ../common/jk_connect.lo
../common/jk_msg_buff.lo ../common/jk_util.lo ../common/jk_ajp13.lo
../common/jk_pool.lo ../common/jk_worker.lo ../common/jk_ajp13_worker.lo
../common/jk_lb_worker.lo ../common/jk_sockbuf.lo ../common/jk_map.lo
../common/jk_uri_worker_map.lo ../common/jk_ajp14.lo
../common/jk_ajp14_worker.lo ../common/jk_md5.lo ../common/jk_ajp_common.lo
../common/jk_context.lo
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_ajp12_worker.lo: No such file or
directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_connect.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_msg_buff.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_util.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_ajp13.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_pool.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_worker.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_ajp13_worker.lo: No such file or
directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_lb_worker.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_sockbuf.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_map.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_uri_worker_map.lo: No such file or
directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_ajp14.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_ajp14_worker.lo: No such file or
directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_md5.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_ajp_common.lo: No such file or directory
i386-redhat-linux-gcc: ../common/jk_context.lo: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [mod_jk.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.5-src/jk/native/apache-2.0'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[root@localhost native]#

As you will see in my initial post, these missing files appear to be in the
"apache-2.0" directory.

Do you think I should copy them to the directory it expects to find them and
try issuing "make" again, or do something else?

Cheers in advance,

Graeme :)