tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: UserTransaction class not found in TC 5.0.25
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:18:48 GMT

Hi,

>I am not sure what you mean. I tried the 2 URLs below but neither were
>available.

Really?  They still work fine for me.

>Do you mean it is prohibited to have the j2ee.jar file in the
WEB-INF/lib
>directory of the application?

Yup.  It's prohibited to have any J2EE APIs that tomcat already bundles,
such as the Servlet and JSP classes.  If you want other APIs, you have
to include only them, usually by including their individual jars, in
your case the JTA jar.

>I did a recursive search for the string "UserTransaction" in the TC
5.0.25
>dir tree ad could not find a jar that included it.

It's not bundled in Tomcat: download jta.jar and put that in
WEB-INF/lib.

Yoav Shapira