tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Printer Unfriendly Tomcat 5 Documentation
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:49:27 GMT

Hi,

>>I am happy to do the work, but I need two more hints.
>>
>>1) Please point me to a good CVS client or Diff utility that will
generate
>>suitable Diff file on my Windows XP Pro workstation.  My web search
found
>>too many choices and insufficient information for making a choice.

Bah, everyone has their favorites, and they're all fairly similar.  I
use WinCVS.  The Eclipse CVS explorer isn't too bad.

>>2) Please tell me how to generate the HTML files from the
documentation
>XML
>>source.  I would like to test my changes before I submit the updates.

See the tomcat build file: it has targets that do this.  They use Anakia
and style tasks.  What you would do is checkout the CVS module, make
your XML changes, and run the tomcat doc generation tasks (they're in
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/docs/build.xml, probably just use the
dist target).

Yoav