tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Disable HTTP 1.1
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:03:34 GMT

Hi,
>From the HTTP Connector configuration page:

"HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 Support
This Connector supports all of the required features of the HTTP/1.1
protocol, as described in RFC 2616, including persistent connections,
pipelining, expectations and chunked encoding. If the client (typically
a browser) supports only HTTP/1.0, the Connector will gracefully fall
back to supporting this protocol as well. No special configuration is
required to enable this support. The Connector also supports HTTP/1.0
keep-alive.

RFC 2616 requires that HTTP servers always begin their responses with
the highest HTTP version that they claim to support. Therefore, this
Connector will always return HTTP/1.1 at the beginning of its

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics