tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Creating Valve
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:05:34 GMT

Hi,
Write the Valve.  Put it in whatever package you want.  You will need to
import at the very least org.apache.catalina.Valve since your class will
implement this interface.  Put catalina.jar on your compile-time
classpath, and put the compiled classes for your valve in whatever jar
you want (let's say myValve.jar for example).  Then put myValve.jar in
common/lib (rather than WEB-INF/lib) because it must be available to the
catalina classes when starting up and configuring the server.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics