tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Jagsir.Dhil...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:21:58 GMT
Hi James,
You have said
 >> windows doesnt accept -server

I believe you have either
 - Installed the pre 1.3.0 version of JVM
 - Your %JAVA_HOME%/bin does not have this server directory

For the second part what you can do is copy everything (only jvm.dll is
required mostly)
'%JAVA_HOME%/jre/bin/server' to '%JAVA_HOME%/bin' directory

And
use this '-Xms256m -Xms512m'

Changa fer,

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lowe [mailto:mark.lowe@boxstuff.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 4:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass

I have this in our startup scripts

export CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx128m -Xdebug"

Perhaps the debug argument might reveal something. I cant be much help
on windows matters as I try not to get involved with anything like that.

My app is still running, but linux not windows so i don't know how far i
can compare. I also have no idea about compiling jk under windows, i've
always found that I've needed to compile jk often with the head version
out of cvs (there's always a fix thats needed somewhere).

Mark