tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Weseloh, Nicole" <Nicole.Wese...@lit.lineas.de>
Subject Starting Tomcat as service with VMWare
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:12:34 GMT
Hi everybody,

in order to simulate a Tomcat-cluster, I've got VMWare running at my system (both host and
virtual system are WinXP Pro), also running Tomcat 5.0.19 at the host system. I tried to install
Tomcat at the virtual system, too, but failed: I can only start it via "startup.bat" - it
opens a dosbox (command box) which shows the startup log and also all standard output messages,
and my webapp works fine - exactly what it is supposed to do.
But when I try to run Tomcat as a service, it cancels startup with errormessage "Service not
found". Is there something I forgot to configure, or is it just impossible to run Tomcat as
a service with VMWare?
If someone's got a hint, please let me know..

Thanks, Nicole

PS: If someone could tell me how to run Tomcat not as a service and write output messages
to standard output file instead of the command box, that would be of great help, too..

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.