tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Weseloh, Nicole" <Nicole.Wese...@lit.lineas.de>
Subject JK2: lb_factor
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:47:53 GMT

Hello,

I've got a cluster with 2 tomcat 2.0.25 on different machines, on one of
them also running Apache 2.0.49 with JK2 as a loadbalancer.
Requests get redirected to both tomcat instances, but it always ends up
with around 1/3 of all requests at the local server and about 2/3 at the
remote one, no matter what value the lb_factors are.

So, could anyone tell me which values I should use to make the lb_factor
work correctly? All information I found was that "a lower value means
more requests" (official JK2-documentation at jakarta.apache.org).

=====================================

My workers2.properties:

[lb:lb]
stickySession=1

# First Tomcat Instance (Localhost / 10.32.97.44)
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1
group=lb
lb_factor=1
tomcatId=tomcat01

# Second Tomcat Instance (10.32.97.23)
[channel.socket:10.32.97.23:8009]
port=8009
host=10.32.97.23
group=lb
lb_factor=1
tomcatId=tomcat02

# define the worker for tomcat instance 1 (localhost)
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

# define the worker for tomcat instance 2
[ajp13:10.32.97.23:8009]
channel=channel.socket:10.32.97.23:8009

#This is the application to test the cluster / load balancing...
[uri:/benchmark/*]
info=Benchmark application

====================================

Anything wrong with that? Anything missing?
If more information needed, just tell me.. I just guessed that the
workers2.properties is the problem.

Greets,
Nicole

Diese E-Mail enthalt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschutzte
E-Mail irrtumlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.