tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arikawe, Akindele (DeleArikawe)" <DeleArik...@chevrontexaco.com>
Subject RE: Does (a high) maxHttpHeaderSize have disadvantages?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:07:49 GMT
Please how do I stop receiving email fromthis community

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Erven [mailto:h.erven@gmx.at]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:04 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Does (a high) maxHttpHeaderSize have disadvantages?

Hi all,

are there any disadvantages from increasing maxHttpHeaderSize, say, to
65k?

(Despite having such long URLs prevents Internet Explorer users to click
them anyways, but that's a different story - *g*)

I scanned through the HttpConnector sources, and found that Tomcat
allocates two buffers that large for input- and output HTTP headers, so
there is a small increase in memory usage per request.

The site I have in mind is a (small) company intranet which does not
have tons of requests to serve.

Thank you,
with best regards

    -hannes