tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keene, David" <dke...@soe.sony.com>
Subject RE: Repeat: Can Tomcat be used with non-webapps?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:41:07 GMT
Chris,

For tomcat 5:
In your <apachedir>/conf/Catalina/localhost/ directory add a
<contextname>.xml file  with the following contents:

<Context path="" docBase="<doc root on your hd>" >
                prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
              	timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

And you should be good.

On Tomcat4:

Add the above context element to your <apachedir>/conf/server.xml file
in the host section (there should be a couple of other contexts here).

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Collins [mailto:Chris@ThatOne.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 10:11 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Repeat: Can Tomcat be used with non-webapps?

Hi, guys,
I asked this question a few days ago and received no response. I don't
want to be a nuisance, but a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer would be
greatly appreciated, and I am desperate enough to ask this question one
last time:

I am trying to use tomcat as a container for my program which is not a
web-application. I can't see a way of specifying the context to be used,
as it is automatically selected by web-apps based on their name.  I
tried configuring the default context for the datasource that my
application uses, but the application was still unable to connect to the
datasource. Is it possible to use tomcat with a program which is not a
web-application?

Thank you very much for your time,
Christopher