tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keene, David" <dke...@soe.sony.com>
Subject RE: Custom resource loader
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:59:10 GMT
That's a good ide frank, but it may not work.

FilrDirContext has a normalize method... the javadoc comment says:

* Return a context-relative path, beginning with a "/", that represents
* the canonical version of the specified path after ".." and "."
elements
* are resolved out.  If the specified path attempts to go outside the
* boundaries of the current context (i.e. too many ".." path elements
* are present), return <code>null</code> instead.

Doh!

Also, it would be nice to have the freedom to place the 'common'
elsewhere on the system.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Zammetti [mailto:fzammett@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 11:17 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Custom resource loader

May I suggest one wacky idea?  I'm not saying this is GOOD or anything,
but
it's probably a bit outside the box, for whatever that's worth...

What if you had all your common JSPs in a given directory, like so
(let's
talk Tomcat for a minute, but it doesn't matter)...

/tomcat/webapps/commonjsps
/tomcat/webapps/webapp1
/tomcat/webapps/webapp2

Then, in either webapp1 or webapp2, let's say you want to use the JSP
myJSP1.jsp in the common jsps directory... What if you had a JSP in
webapp1
and webapp2 that was just this:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ include file="../commonjsps/myJSP1.jsp.inc" %>

My syntax might be a little off, but I think the concept is clean.  You
would have to have basically a "dummy" page that includes the real page,
and
that could be a pain, but I think this would work, and maybe it's
quicker to
do than a custom resource loader.

Just a thought.

Frank